I received my copy of Residential Architect magazine today (in my opinion, the best of all the trade journals). This month’s Practice column, by Cheryl Weber (another one of my favorites), is about savvy architects investing long-term by owning their buildings.
The advantages of owning real estate are plentiful. Here are five reasons to start your search today:
- Paying yourself rent feels much better than paying a grumpy landlord.
- E-Q-U-I-T-Y (make money without lifting a finger).
- Buy or build a mixed-use building and eliminate your commute… live and work in the same building.
- Tenants help to pay your mortgage.
- Buy. Renovate. Occupy. Sell. Profit… Repeat!
Ready? Check out the U.S. Small Business Administration’s CDC/504 program for a small biz loan.
Do you own the building in which you work? Share the pros and cons of being a real estate investor.