The February issue of Architect magazine includes an article written by Fred Bernstein titled, Getting The Publicity You Need.
In December, Claire Whitaker closed the doors of The Kreisberg Group, a P.R. firm she lead as president for five years, and moved across town to her new position as the head of public relations for the Pritzker Prize winning architect, Santiago Calatrava. Here are six tips from the article for architects trying to attract publicity without spending a lot of money.
1. Send out regular mailings.
2. Publicize losing competition entries.
3. Piggyback on your clients PR budget.
4. Talk to the client in advance about whether you’ll be allowed to publish.
5. Word of mouth is the most important thing.
6. Get friendly with journalists but don’t plague them.
Check out this month’s issue of Architect magazine for the entire article.